Sandboxie VS Hysolate

lwc

Sandboxie VS Hysolate

Post by lwc »

Hysolate (see FAQ) is a new freeware (see comparison from their enterprise version) that supposedly does what Sandboxie does.

Maybe it'll interest you to try it and compare. Their enterprise version has a demo too.
Last edited by lwc on Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DavidXanatos

Re: Sandboxie VS Hysolate

Post by DavidXanatos »

Thay say its VM based, so it has quite a lot of overhead and not that good of an integration,
you can have a better result using virtual box or VM ware

lwc

Post by lwc »

Not sure I understand, VirtualBox and VMware run a whole system, while Sandboxie and Hysolate run just specific programs, which is why I thought you might like to compare.

FayneAldan

Post by FayneAldan »

Hysolate still runs an entire operating system and (I assume) just hides the OS from the user. However, any type of virtual machine will have overhead. The whole point of Hysolate is it automates the virtual machine process to make it more user friendly. However, Sandboxie also has less system requirements than Hysolate (and VMs in general), including not requiring turning on virtualization in the BIOS, not requiring an SSD with 10 GB of free space (used to store the virtualized OS; SSD requirement is specific to Hysolate), and it works on Windows 10 Home (Hysolate Free requires at least Win10 Pro).