Is it possible to add the feature and let the user manually specify function return values?

asdf3344

Is it possible to add the feature and let the user manually specify function return values?

Post by asdf3344 »

Hi,

Is it possible to add the feature and let the user manually specify function return values? For example, there is a Windows API to get the IP address of the current computer, GetAdaptersAddresses() in specific. Programs often call this function to get the IP. What I want is a way to manually specify the result of GetAdaptersAddresses(), let's say "192.168.1.1". So the program always get "192.168.1.1" as the result. This way, users could choose what information they want to share and what they don't at a much granular level.

Thanks!

DavidXanatos

Re: Is it possible to add the feature and let the user manually specify function return values?

Post by DavidXanatos »

Its not feasible to implement an intercept for each and every API call in existence, what can be done is to add such detours fir selected API calls.
So what other API's then GetAdaptersAddresses would you want to control?

asdf3344

Re: Is it possible to add the feature and let the user manually specify function return values?

Post by asdf3344 »

I don't quite familiar with Windows APIs. What I'm interested in is networking related APIs. For example, the APIs apps use to check if network is available and then sending and receiving data. This way, we can essentially blocking it from accessing the network.

DavidXanatos

Post by DavidXanatos »

Well Sandboxie already has means to block and filter network access