Show Name of Sandbox

calisun

Show Name of Sandbox

Post by calisun »

If I have several instances of Firefox open in different instances of SanBoxie, right now there is no way to know which instance belongs to which sandbox.
My suggestion, right now when a mouse is moved close to the border, a yellow box shows around the window indication it is sandboxed. What we could have is also a Name showing up at the same time when the yellow border shows up. It would only be an overlay, yellow box goes away, Name goes away. See attached picture of proposal.
Attachments
Sandboxie yellow border2.png
Sandboxie yellow border2.png (114.6 KiB) Viewed 1695 times

bastik-1001

Re: Show Name of Sandbox

Post by bastik-1001 »

As there is little room for how to interpret this, I opened an issue for it to be tracked.

Right now, there are the following things that can be done:

You can display the box name in the title by adding

Code: Select all

BoxNameTitle=y
to the sandboxes (With Sandman it can be enabled in the Sandbox Options > General Options > [Box Options] > Appearance > "Sandbox Indicator in title:" where you select "Display box name in title"

You can use a different color for each sandbox.

Code: Select all

BorderColor=#00ffff,ttl,6
(default color code, shown when mouse is over the title, with default thickness)
Sandbox Options > General Options > [Box Options] > Appearance > "Sandboxed window border:"
The second dropdown, allows you to pick a color, which can be different for each box.

bastik-1001

Re: Show Name of Sandbox

Post by bastik-1001 »

Aside from any random process being sandboxed, there is something many browsers support. Assuming that different profiles are used, different themes could be used for each sandbox. Of course, that is only helpful for programs that support different styles.