Updating Sandboxie Classic caused Sandboxie to stop working and unable to be uninstalled

Voyager

Updating Sandboxie Classic caused Sandboxie to stop working and unable to be uninstalled

Post by Voyager »

Hello, I attempted to update Sandboxie Classic running on Windows 10 (I'm sorry, I don't remember either the version that was currently installed or the version I was trying to update to). But after running the update, Sandboxie no longer worked. If I try to run Sandboxie, I get a SBIE 2331 error. And trying to uninstall Sandboxie under Windows 10 Apps and Features was not possible because Sandboxie did not show up as being installed. And neither did re-running the update work. Could someone help me with step-by-step instructions on how to properly uninstall the malfunctioning Sandboxie Classic and then update to the latest version? Thanks in advance!

bastik-1001

Re: Updating Sandboxie Classic caused Sandboxie to stop working and unable to be uninstalled

Post by bastik-1001 »

The installer got improved, but I am not sure if that was helpful in your case. Now the process should be smoother.