There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper - when double clicking a .txt file

frost

There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper - when double clicking a .txt file

Post by frost »

When I have a Sandboxied Windows Explorer open, and I go to a directory, and double click a .txt file expecting just a quick Notepad to open - the Sandbox instead goes into some kind of frenzy, does not open the file I double clicked, and 5 minutes later an error will appear saying "There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper"

Oddly enough, if I right click the .txt file in Explorer, and specifically choose "Open with Notepad" - then it works as expected.

But it's a hard habit to break, and I find myself double clicking files constantly that result in this error

What gives?

Windows 11 22H2 x64

bastik-1001

Re: There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper - when double clicking a .txt file

Post by bastik-1001 »

I assume that there would be some bug report for that on Github, if that would be a widespread problem, as I guess Windows 11 to be used by quite a few users in combination with Sandboxie. The use-case, you describe, is so normal that it is likely that others should have run into it.

What version of Sandboxie do you use?

There aren't a lot of users in this forum and if this issue can't be resolved easily, or even turns out to be a bug within Sandboxie, it might be better to open an issue on Github. There are more people who could assist with finding a solution or fixing the underlying issue in Sandboxie, if that turns out to be the troublemaker.