Sandboxed Mozilla Firefox with Incognito Mode engaged as a Command Line option

Bros

Sandboxed Mozilla Firefox with Incognito Mode engaged as a Command Line option

Post by Bros »

For years I use two Mozilla Firefox Web browser Shortcut Icons.

One is just a regular Firefox Web browser Shortcut Icon in Normal mode and this is used, just for Updating the Firefox web browser and that's it.
Second Firefox Web browser Shortcut Icon is a special one: the Firefox + Private + Sandboxed Web browser Shortcut Icon. ;)

The last means that I use a Firefox Web browser Command Line options here for Private/Incognito mode, when I engage this Firefox shortcut icon:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Comman ... s#-private

So, at the end, the Firefox + Private + Sandboxed Web browser Shortcut Icon is created with this Properties:

Code: Select all

Target:

"C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -private-window

Start in:

"C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\"

And everything function superbly here for years with Sandboxie... :)

But, from the recent version of Sandboxie Classic v5.55.19 x64 this does not work any more as it supposed to. :(
I mean, what this Firefox + Private + Sandboxed Web browser Shortcut Icon need to do actually, is to open a Sandboxed Firefox Web browser window, but with just one Private tab/Incognito mode tab open here, and that's it. :)

I am aware that in Sandboxie software settings we can always force to open for e.g. the Mozilla Firefox Web browser as Sandboxed, but I really prefer this above method of mine still be possible with the great Sandboxie software. :D

Because right now, I am getting this bug error here, so when I press Firefox + Private + Sandboxed Web browser Shortcut Icon, it opens a two separated sandboxed Firefox web browser window instance: the first Firefox web browser window instance here is correctly in Private mode as all last years for me..., but the second Firefox web browser window instance here & that was never exist till Sandboxie Classic v5.55.19 x64 is installed, it runs with two initial tabs open, like the presented here bellow:

a) 'Server not found' tab:
https://files/Mozilla

b) 'Server not found' tab:
https://firefox/firefox.exe

Also, I tested all this on a few OSs, for e.g. on Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (with up-to-date Extended Security Updates Program) OS, and here this new Sandboxie bug does not happening, so everything is still fine. :)

However, on up-to-date Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC 64-bit OS, this new Sandboxie bug is present. :(

I also Uninstall completely the Sandboxie Classic v5.55.19 x64 software, restart the PC, and then install Sandboxie Classic v5.55.19 x64 all over again, but this not helping here also.

I also update today to the just released Sandboxie Classic v5.55.20 x64, but unfortunate same bug problem even here... :(

Please help and advice and thank you in advance!

Best regards and thank you for the great Sandboxie software!

DavidXanatos

Re: Sandboxed Mozilla Firefox with Incognito Mode engaged as a Command Line option

Post by DavidXanatos »

This is strange will check it out, and v5.55.18 is fine?

DavidXanatos

Re: Sandboxed Mozilla Firefox with Incognito Mode engaged as a Command Line option

Post by DavidXanatos »

Not sure what might cause the change in behavioure but on my test system it works just fien when you put the firefox's path on " " as shown below

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Start.exe" "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -private-window

Bros

Post by Bros »

Before anything, once more thank you for your help.

Yes, I also do not know what cause this all of the sudden change, but on two different PCs with the same MS Win 10 Entrp 2019 LTSC x64-bit English vers. OS installed, the same problemo happens just immediately after I update the Sandboxie software.

And before that I use my above mentioned method at least last 6-7 years, and never failed and do some bugs.

Anyway, I test your newest proposal, and bingo, this fix the problem just immediately after I set it, and on both computers!

So, the problem is completely gone now. :)

P.S. I believe that the Sandboxie Classic v5.55.13 x64 was the last good version actually, because I did not update Sandboxie Classic v5.55.13 x64 to newer version, before the Sandboxie Classic v5.55.19 x64 is launched...
But, I'm totally positive that this bug came the first time with Sandboxie Classic v5.55.19 x64, and it is spread even over the newest & presently available, the Sandboxie Classic v5.55.20 x64.

P.S.S. In next few weeks I will test this even further and even on MS Win 10 Entrp 2016 LTSB OS, different Windows iterations and similar, Windows 11, etc...
But, I believe that your new proposal will work, if don't I will make another post here. :mrgreen:

In the meantime, best regards!