Taskbar problems when using Sandboxie in Windows 11

Edward2859

Taskbar problems when using Sandboxie in Windows 11

Post by Edward2859 »

I am using sandboxie classic x64 5.55.5. I have an HP laptop, recently purchased a few weeks ago, with Windows 11. Windows 11 is fully updated. I have my taskbar set on autohide in Windows 11. The taskbar is hidden from view, until you lower the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen, and then the taskbar appears. This works normally for all my applications, including Google Chrome (not sandboxed). However, when I run Google Chrome, Firefox, or Edge inside sandboxie with a yellow border, and I lower the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen, the taskbar does not appear, it remains hidden. I found two approaches to get around this problem. The first approach is to remove the yellow border in Sandboxie settings, for example when running Chrome inside sandboxie. In this approach, the hidden taskbar appears as normal when I lower the mouse pointer to the screen bottom. The other approach is to slightly decrease the window size. This solution works even when the sandbox has a yellow border.

I hope that this bug can be fixed. I like to see the yellow border around Chrome, as it assures me that I am running Chrome inside sandboxie. The other workaround of reducing the window size is slightly cumbersome. In addition, my laptop screen size is small, and I like running applications like Chrome with a full size window.

I love sandboxie. I have been using Sandboxie 5.33.6 paid version for my Windows 7 desktop for 6 years.
Edward

DavidXanatos

Re: Taskbar problems when using Sandboxie in Windows 11

Post by DavidXanatos »

The issue is that this yellow border in a sense is a window of its own, I presume that it lays itself over a invisible area teh taskbar creates to capture the mouse movement, a possible solution would be to remove the botton line of the yellow border, or may be make it 1 pix higher thn the screen edge when its as big as the screen.

I'll look into into it.

btw: if you become a patron your issus will have higher priority ;)