Firefox 88 error

CyberMinion

Firefox 88 error

Post by CyberMinion »

Hello,

Both legacy Sandboxie and Sandboxie+ seem to have lost the ability to run Firefox, at least for me, as of FF build 88.0

When trying to do so, I get the error "Could not invoke program" which specifies that "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" (See attached) Here's an interesting twist, though: COMODO has a "run in container" option which looks a lot like a slightly modified version of Sandboxie. So I tried running Firefox inside that, and it worked fine.

Any thoughts on why this is? Is it related to Mozilla's efforts to break out each tab into separate processes?

Thanks!
Attachments
Error message
Error message
Sandboxie-Firefox88 error.jpg (39.56 KiB) Viewed 4657 times

DavidXanatos

Re: Firefox 88 error

Post by DavidXanatos »

Just reset the old sandbox, this error often comes when the updater messes up somethign in the sandbox

CyberMinion

Post by CyberMinion »

DavidXanatos wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:33 pm
Just reset the old sandbox, this error often comes when the updater messes up somethign in the sandbox
I tried purging the sandbox, but that didn't help. Then I tried re-installing Sandboxie. Same error. Then I tried installing and using Sandboxie+, but also got the same error.

DavidXanatos

Post by DavidXanatos »

idk... is ther a version that works for you ?
probably its soem other security solution conflicting

celestin

Post by celestin »

I have Firefox (all versions up to latest 93) working within Sandboxie fine, but my current version of Sandboxie is 5.33.3 (64-bit)

DavidXanatos

Post by DavidXanatos »

Strange such errors you usually get when you run a browser updater sandboxed when the original instalation was not sandboxed, then deleting the sandbox and updating the browser unsandboxed should solve the issue

johbru

Post by johbru »

For what it's worth i got the same error message so i downloaded a fresh Firefox Mozilla 94.0.1 (11/9/21) 64 bit file and tried to re-install it over the same FF version and didn't change anything with Sandboxie-Plus-x64-v0.9.8 and the error message disappeared. I so rarely have any issues with Sandboxie+ i'm pretty spoiled.

Initially i tried running Waterfox both in and outside Sandboxie+ and didn't get the error message so till i tried the above i just used Waterfox and it worked great.