SBIE2331 Service start failed: [22 / 5] Access is denied

Palladia-Mors

Post by Palladia-Mors »

I installed Sandboxie last week. It worked until I restarted my computer and then completely died. :( Please help!

I have Windows 7 and two accounts: my everyday account with security restrictions, and my admin account which I use almost solely to install programs.

I installed Sandboxie on the admin account. Not Sandboxie Plus, I chose the legacy-UI version so it would be familiar to me. I restarted in my everyday account, and I was able to run both Firefox and Chrome in Sandboxie for 1 week without any problems.

Until today, when I restarted again and logged into my admin account. Sandboxie broke and gave me this:
I looked in MSconfig and saw that Sandboxie service is stopped. I don't know how to Start it.
Clicking Help on the error popup sent me to https://xanasoft.com/Sandboxie/SBIE2331/

I restarted in my everyday account, and got all the same errors. Sandboxie is dead and won't run at all.

When I try to open Sandboxie Control, it gives me the following errors:
"Unknown user, configuration settings will not be saved."
and
"Failed to record configuration setting SbieCtrl_UserName in section Unknown: C00080"
Sandboxie Control "opens" after this but it's just a blank, empty grey window with nothing in it.

DavidXanatos

Re: SBIE2331 Service start failed: [22 / 5] Access is denied

Post by DavidXanatos »

Try reinstalling, and check if the driver is still present