RockStar games

riGpA1

RockStar games

Post by riGpA1 »

Before Rockstar (GTA) launched their own game launcher last year I could run GTA in a sandbox together with GTA not in a sandbox. This means 2 instances og GTA on one computer - and it worked quite well.

Sandboxie doesn't work with Rockstar's new launcher. Would be lovely it it again became possible to run GTA (or RS launcher) from Sandboxie in parallel with another instance og GTA outside Sandboxie.

DavidXanatos

Re: RockStar games

Post by DavidXanatos »

ok will look into it

CaraAleatorio

Post by CaraAleatorio »

riGpA1 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:02 am
Before Rockstar (GTA) launched their own game launcher last year I could run GTA in a sandbox together with GTA not in a sandbox. This means 2 instances og GTA on one computer - and it worked quite well.

Sandboxie doesn't work with Rockstar's new launcher. Would be lovely it it again became possible to run GTA (or RS launcher) from Sandboxie in parallel with another instance og GTA outside Sandboxie.
same problem here. The launcher keeps giving me an error message

riGpA1

Post by riGpA1 »

Is it possible to make it work? Vbox and VM ware suck the juice out of any computer. Sandboxie didn't!

It seems like if I try to start GTAV Launcher from Sandboxie it is not able to connect to Rockstar Games Library Systems - which is running as a service on the computer.

DavidXanatos

Post by DavidXanatos »

> which is running as a service on the computer.

thats the problem, you eider need to install that service into sandboxie, or find out what resources to open to allow access to the one instaleld on the host system

Become a patreons on one of the higher tiers, than I'll make some time to look into this issue myself.