Sandboxie + Terminal Server error

lkat

Sandboxie + Terminal Server error

Post by lkat »

Hello everyone.

I have a problem with Sandboxie, I am using it on a virtual machine with Windows Server 2019 to laucnh multiple instances of a specific program.
It works perfectly fine until i deploy RDS (Remote Desktop Services) via Server Manager and activate client licenses.
After that when I try to launch the same program I get this error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5), click ok to close the application".
Then I tried to launch other programs in sandbox and got the same error. Things like Explorer, Google Chrome are working fine. As soon as i delete RDS role from the server everything is working again.
Sandboxie is my only option to get this thing working, any help is highly appreciated.

P.S. Sorry, English is not my first language

DavidXanatos

Re: Sandboxie + Terminal Server error

Post by DavidXanatos »

hmm.... i wil have to test that locally how urgend is it?

snuggs

Post by snuggs »

I can confirm this error.

Generally no problems with starting "Thundersoft Gemplayer" on Windows 7, 10 and 11 in Sandboxie but the Videofile which is loaded by the program must be locally saved and not on a network share (Why ??)

But the same error (0xc00000e5) with trying to start "Thundersoft Gemplayer" in Sandboxie on Remotedesktopserver 2019.

A fix would be nice.

DavidXanatos

Post by DavidXanatos »

There is a settign in the settings to allow access to network shares, by default sandboxie blocks that