Sandboxie-plus 0.8.2 Browser Proxy settings not saving

frustrateditguy

Sandboxie-plus 0.8.2 Browser Proxy settings not saving

Post by frustrateditguy »

Windows 10 Pro 19043.1055
Sandboxie-plus 0.8.2
In a corporate Windows domain environment.
Install was done as user with local admin rights, being run as standard user

Launching iexplore.exe, it shows my web proxy settings and I can change them

If I force iexplore.exe to run in my DefaultBox, it does not carry over my proxy settings and I am unable to re-enter them, clicking ok after doing so does nothing and does close the internet options window even. This is the case when iexplore.exe is ran as administrator as well

Also, unable to uninstall from add/remove. After entering in user credentials with local admin rights, the uninstaller ask if I am sure -- i click yes and the uninstaller flashes and goes away.

Any thoughts, suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated

DavidXanatos

Re: Sandboxie-plus 0.8.2 Browser Proxy settings not saving

Post by DavidXanatos »

have you tried resetign the default box?

you mean an uninstaller run inside sandboxie?

frustrateditguy

Post by frustrateditguy »

I have reset the default box, and think this perhaps might be due to the proxy settings being applied via a GPO. Perhaps sandboxie doesnt like those reg keys because of this. It seems only iexplore has the issue strangley. Chrome.exe & msedge.exe work ok

The uninstall issue of sandboxie was related to Antivirus software preventing it and has been addressed

Deployed on 50 workstations, just learning/working on tweaking this amazing application.

DavidXanatos

Post by DavidXanatos »

Strange that only iexplorer has the problem,
btw are you using the plus or the classic build?

BrandonEnglish

Post by BrandonEnglish »

I had been using VPN services for 2 years before I discovered proxies. They turned out to be more reliable, safe, and up-to-date; that's why you don't even notice when you're connecting to proxy services, as the internet bandwidth remains the same, especially if you're using private proxies. I've discovered a source with a static residential proxy, which is worth sharing. They offer reliable and affordable proxies. For instance, just for 20 proxies per month, you pay $26, which is nice because your internet speed is 10Gbps.