Start certain programmes outside the sandbox by default

sbieuser2344

Start certain programmes outside the sandbox by default

Post by sbieuser2344 »

Sandboxie-plus 1.5.3 @ Win 11

I have e screenshotting software (snagIT techsmith.com), that is startet, when windows starts. If you make screenshots, they are opened snagIT-editor. But snagIT-editor allways starts in my Default sandbox.
That bothers me, because I trust snagIT. And I have the overhead of restoring the screenshots. That's why I want both snagIT and snagIT Editor to always start outside the sandbox.

How can I set this :?:

Thank you! :)

bastik-1001

Re: Start certain programmes outside the sandbox by default

Post by bastik-1001 »

You can use BreakoutProcess for it. This has been added to make it possible to start some software in its dedicated box, but with it one can make something run outside a sandbox.

Either you edit the Sandboxie.ini or use the user interface of Sandboxie Plus (Sandman)

You add:

Code: Select all

BreakoutProcess=program.exe
to the sandbox where you want the process to be launched outside Sandboxie. Where you replace program.exe with the binary name of the process that should break out, e.g. example.exe

With the UI you have to right-click on the box, open its settings, go to Program Control and the tab Breakout Programs. There you can add the process or processes that need to be outside the sandbox.