Not sure what sandbox do here

xeen3d

Not sure what sandbox do here

Post by xeen3d »

Hi
I try a purchased sandbox plus make a simple Sandbox from Plus Sandbox (Security Harden sandbox) only thing I change was
is i want see hole traceback from the app started in that Box, ok I try Crome.exe .
First test give me Error Messages that more Information was captured than sandbox can handle, that's a little bit confusing
me why I can make a trace back but my purchased App can't handle the information that should be captured ?

Ok second check I turn off some some of the trace Options now I can see something but in that Time I click to Process
list and choose Crome.exe hole Sandboxie Gui hangs. After kill and restart hole traceback logs are away.

Real that is a Sandbox ? and can't trace a simple Browser ? eveybody can trace such simple things with sysinternals tools !
The only reason why I purchase sandboxie was capture sandboxed apps what they will do in that Box
in my eyes that is a minimum Feature a app called self sandboxie must can do

The next Level of not working is the config password I can set some password but option goes every time back to not set
so how I can be save that the app in sandbox not manipulate the config ? Answer is I can't without a working password !

it is really Hard to trust such a pice of Software

If someone have a Tip how get it working I will give that a try otherwise I remove the App I need a working solution
and have less time for being Beta tester ;-)

best

Andre

DavidXanatos

Re: Not sure what sandbox do here

Post by DavidXanatos »

Which version have you been using?
pre 1.3.x or 1.3.0 or later
If the 1.3.x line than the hardened mode has ben changed to be even more hardened, so it may need some manual tweaking to get any app to work, that said chrome shoudl work just fine.

[qoute]
Ok second check I turn off some some of the trace Options now I can see something but in that Time I click to Process
list and choose Crome.exe hole Sandboxie Gui hangs. After kill and restart hole traceback logs are away.[/quote]

Did you enabled syscall trace? that creates massive amounts of output hence should be only used sparsely.
Real that is a Sandbox ? and can't trace a simple Browser ? eveybody can trace such simple things with sysinternals tools !
The only reason why I purchase sandboxie was capture sandboxed apps what they will do in that Box
in my eyes that is a minimum Feature a app called self sandboxie must can do
That works normally just fine, try with a default config again and enable tracing options one by one.
The next Level of not working is the config password I can set some password but option goes every time back to not set
so how I can be save that the app in sandbox not manipulate the config ? Answer is I can't without a working password !
You can sandboxed apps cant change config that password ist only if you want to protect the config from otehr users of your PC
and yea there is a bug with that which will be fixed in 1.3.3