Firefox Bookmarks: no direct access

paul-w

Firefox Bookmarks: no direct access

Post by paul-w »

Hi,
today I finally switched from the outdated original Sandboxie to the much more appealing and professional looking Sandboxie Plus. So first of all: Thank you very much for the great work and for saving this essential pice of software!

So far there has been only one problem, which I couldn't find any solution to: I regularly use Firefox and very often change my bookmarks. Thats why it is important for me to keep bookmark-changes after I clean/delete the content of the Sandbox. Luckily there is an option under "App Templates" called "Allow direct access to Firefox bookmark and history database", which I think is meant for that? However in my case it doesn't show any affect. If I change bookmarks inside the sandbox, the changes only stay there. With the old Sandboxie a very similar sandbox-option did work for the same Firefox-setup.

Do I need to change anything else in the Sandboxie-Plus options? Maybe importent to mention: My Firefox-profile is not stored in the default-location but on a different SSD-partition. However that was not a problem before.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (180.06 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

DavidXanatos

Re: Firefox Bookmarks: no direct access

Post by DavidXanatos »

The different location may indeed be the problem look into the tempaltes.ini how the template for ff is implemented and try adapting a set of custom OpenFilePath rules for your new location