Separate Recycle Bin context from all Shell Integration

dethknite

Separate Recycle Bin context from all Shell Integration

Post by dethknite »

Older versions of Sandboxie included the right-click shell integration for exe's (but didn't clutter up the recycle bin menu). I empty the recycle bin countless times throughout the day, and when enabling the option, keep opening Sandboxed instead. I love the context menu integration for apps (use it), but end up turning it off now because the Recycle Bin opening Sandboxed is annoying.

Could you please separate these out to two options:
[ ] Add 'Run Sandboxed' to the explorer context menu
[ ] Add 'Run Sandboxed' to the recycle bin menu

DavidXanatos

Re: Separate Recycle Bin context from all Shell Integration

Post by DavidXanatos »

I dont belive I'm doing anythign different then the old sandboxie, did so if something changes it may be with windows.

dethknite

Post by dethknite »

Well... I found the reg key that is adding it.. and also uncovered a similar key that seems to fix it in my initial testing. I can only assume that Windows has changed the Recycle Bin functionality to use similar framework to what a "folder" would be... maybe something virtual. Appears directory correctly detects that the Recycle Bin is not a directory.

Registry Keys of note:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\OpenWithList
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

The current Sandboxie creates a key in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\sandbox\command"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\sandbox\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sandboxie-Plus\\SandMan.exe\" /box:__ask__ C:\\WINDOWS\\explorer.exe \"%1\""

I deleted this key and instead created it in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\sandbox\command"

and it doesn't show up on the Recycle Bin... but still works for folders. The context menu may need adjustment though, as it now just says "sandbox".

* FYI, Recycle Bin specific keys appears to be "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}". I find the "Run with CCleaner..." option here.

dethknite

Post by dethknite »

In case anyone else desires the same functionality (no Explore Sandboxed on Recycle Bin but available for Folders), here is regcode for v1.0.8:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\sandbox]
@="Explore &Sandboxed"
"Icon"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sandboxie-Plus\\Start.exe\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\sandbox\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Sandboxie-Plus\\SandMan.exe\" /box:__ask__ C:\\WINDOWS\\explorer.exe \"%1\""

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\sandbox]

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\sandbox]