Assign different IP address or Mac address to a box

athlon3264

Assign different IP address or Mac address to a box

Post by athlon3264 »

Hi fellow coders,

I am fairly new to the whole sandboxie thing. I am trying to run two instances of a steam game called tekken 7. Now it works fine except for when I want to go online. It forces both instances of the game's online mode to fail completely. I can only have one version online and the other offline. I am guessing this is because of the conflict in IP address that is confusing steam. Is there any way to force one Box to use a different IP address or MAC address or even Network adapter (wifi or LAN) so that steam's online features dont conflict?

Much appreciated for all you time! :D

DavidXanatos

Re: Assign different IP address or Mac address to a box

Post by DavidXanatos »

Not yet, but if you have multiple LAN adapters I could look into adding a shoehorned in call to bind socket in order to force sockets created by a given box to use a specific lan adapter instead of letting the OS pick one.
But I don't have much time right now for that.

JeanMcaleer

Re: Assign different IP address or Mac address to a box

Post by JeanMcaleer »

Alternatively, you can try changing the MAC address of your network adapter. I haven't tried this myself, but I've heard that it can work. Just make sure to do it properly so you don't mess up your computer's settings. As for changing the network adapter itself, I'm not sure if that would work. It's worth a shot, but it might be more complicated than just assigning different IP addresses. Oh, and speaking of routers, have you tried logging in to your TP-Link router settings? It might be worth checking out to see if there's anything you can do to fix your IP address conflict.