we could not verify the certificate error

sirdoug69

we could not verify the certificate error

Post by sirdoug69 »

Hello,
I have seen this error happen on a few computers over the past 2 years.
When I launch Sandboxie the browser will come up with error:
"we could not verify the certificate: reason = error"

Same error on Chrome, Edge, Firefox.
This installation worked a few months ago on this PC.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times with the latest build.
I manually tried to find any lingering stuff in the registry and removed it.
I could not find any files or directories left over.

Note 1: Right after the installation of version sandboxie-plus-v64-v1.3.2.exe when Sandboxie comes up the first time, the Introduction screen comes up and the option to select Personal or Commerical is faded out (personal is selected but faded out) and I can only click Next or Cancel. I have a theory it's forcing Comercial option which is causing me to get the certificate error because I don't have a certificate.

Note 2: During the uninstall I get error "Could not invoke program: terminate_all System Error Code: The system cannot find the file specified (2). I click OK and it continues to successfully uninstall.

Note 3: The current installation is on a Win10 Pro VM running on Hyper-V.

Note 4: I also installed on a laptop recently and I receive the certificate error immediately. This is a WIndows 10 Pro laptop joined to my personal domain at home.

Note 5: I have 2 Desktop PCs on Win 10 Pro that is also on my domain and works fine. All my comnputers are up to date with MS patches.

Please advise.
Thanks!

bastik-1001

Re: we could not verify the certificate error

Post by bastik-1001 »

If someone comes across it, this issue is being tracked here. So far it could not be reproduced.