Copy/Paste from Sandboxied browser

kalypo

Copy/Paste from Sandboxied browser

Post by kalypo »

Sandboxie Plus user here (v0.6.7), and thanks for the hard work in maintaining and improving this excellent software.
When using a browser (Firefox) in a sandbox, I am unable to copy test from a webpage and paste it into another application (eg MS Word). I assume that this is deliberate behavious, since presumably it is a security risk. However, it is a functionality that I use a lot when conducting research on the web, and my only current recourse is to open an unsandboxed browser and either repeat the search or type the URL - which gets old very quickly.
Is there a setting that allows copy/paste from a sandboxed browser? I can't find anything obvious

DavidXanatos

Re: Copy/Paste from Sandboxied browser

Post by DavidXanatos »

No that should work, for me that works normally, strange

xarx

Post by xarx »

@kalypo, copy/paste should work. Haven't you break your SBIE configuration, somehow?

kalypo

Post by kalypo »

Hi David, Xarx,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am perplexed - this actually started to happen with the last iterations of SBIE, and seems to be continued behaviour (for me) with SBIE Plus and specifically with Firefox.
To rule out any wierd settings I might have made in FFox, I downloaded a portable version and ran it sandboxed - same problem, so presumably not a settings problem in my FFox install.
I then downloaded a portable version of Chrome, and when sandboxed, I can copy/paste from it - which suggests that my iteration of SBIE Plus is also OK.
May I ask if either of you are using Firefox? If not, can I ask that you might try with portable FFox and see if you get the same? Not really sure how else to proceed - I have clean installed a fresh version of SBIE Plus. Any suggestions very welcome.