browser profile selection window long delay before the window displays

RedDwarf2

browser profile selection window long delay before the window displays

Post by RedDwarf2 »

I have been having trouble with Sandboxie for a long time whenever I used any newer browsers with browser profiles. I like to select the browser profile when I run a browser and I have it set so that all my browsers start with the profile selection window. I add -profilemanager to the desktop icon target and right click this and run sandboxed to select the sandbox.

Waterfox G5 browsers work okay with Sandboxie but Firefox, Librefox or Waterfox G6 all start extremely slowly and the profile selections do not populate for over a minute. I have just run Librefox sandboxed and it took 65 seconds for the profile selection window to be drawn, it appears all white before it actually draws the window. All newer Firefox derived browsers work the same and there is a big delay in drawing the profile selection window.

When using Waterfox G5 the profiles show immediately.

This has been happening for many Sandboxie versions and I don't remember when it began. I am currently using SB+ 1.10.5, updating is pretty much useless TBH, it is highly unlikely to correct it. It happens with both new and old sandboxes and the virtualization scheme doesn't seem to affect it. When not using profiles, which I don't want to use, the browsers start fairly quickly, there is no three minute+ delay.

What I would like to know is what is causing this long delay with these browsers and how can it be eliminated? Can anyone explain why this is so?
Librefox white no Profiles
Librefox white no Profiles
Librefox_No_Profiles.jpg (6.57 KiB) Viewed 219 times
Librefox  Dark with Profile
Librefox Dark with Profile
Librefox_Profiles.jpg (26.11 KiB) Viewed 219 times
Waterfox G5.1.12 approx 1 second
Waterfox G6.0.7 approx 11 seconds
Librefox 125.0.3-1 65 seconds
Firefox 126.0.1 204 seconds (3:24)
Windows 10 1809
Intel i7-3770K default clock
4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 1600 @ default speed
nVidia GTX 1660
Asus Xonar DSX sound card
500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 500GB Crucial MX500, 250GB Seagate hard drive, 500GB Western Digital Green hard drive

bastik-1001

Re: browser profile selection window long delay before the window displays

Post by bastik-1001 »

Is there a specify reason why you are sticking with a version of Sandboxie that is over 9 months old, even though there have been stable release since then?

RedDwarf2

Re: browser profile selection window long delay before the window displays

Post by RedDwarf2 »

bastik-1001 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:43 pm
Is there a specify reason why you are sticking with a version of Sandboxie that is over 9 months old, even though there have been stable release since then?
Not really, it's just a case of remembering to upgrade it. I don't use auto upgrades or even upgrade checking, they are always disabled.
Windows 10 1809
Intel i7-3770K default clock
4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 1600 @ default speed
nVidia GTX 1660
Asus Xonar DSX sound card
500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 500GB Crucial MX500, 250GB Seagate hard drive, 500GB Western Digital Green hard drive