Can you allow an application access a sandboxed application?

doggydaddy

Can you allow an application access a sandboxed application?

Post by doggydaddy »

HI,

I was wondering if its possible to allow an application to interact with another application. Specifically I have headtracking software (Trackir) i want to use mouse emulation for in VR. This is accomplished by launching the head tracking software (trackir5.exe) then launching a mouse emulator (tirmouse.exe) which then emulates the mouse using head tracking. The game recognizes the trackir5.exe is running and uses that headtracking input on top of the native VR headtracking which is quite nauseating. Im trying to run trackir5.exe and the tirmouse.exe so they can interact with each other and can control the mouse but the game software cant get the head tracking input. Is this possible with sandboxie?

bastik-1001

Re: Can you allow an application access a sandboxed application?

Post by bastik-1001 »

When it is possible to do that without Sandboxie, this should be possible while the software is sandboxed. By default, applications in sandboxes can see the processes of the host. The applications on the host are not prevented from accessing processes that run sandboxed, by default.

Processes running in two different sandboxes don't see each other, by default.

bastik-1001

Re: Can you allow an application access a sandboxed application?

Post by bastik-1001 »

(This assumes that the graphical user interface Sandman, which is the default GUI for Sandboxie-Plus, is being used.)

You can disable that a sandboxed process can't see processes in other sandboxes in the Sandbox Options > Advanced Options > [Hide Processes] where you have to uncheck "Don't allow sandboxed processes to see processes running in other boxes". This is also the place where you can hide host processes from processes running in that sandbox.

Sandbox Options > Resource Access gives control over various resources that can be allowed or denied.