setup / license questions

oddoxops

setup / license questions

Post by oddoxops »

Hi,

I'm new to Sandboxie, but found it useful for running an app simultaneously for multiple remote desktop connected users. Each user should use the same client application with his own credentials. I noticed I can run this app in the same sandbox for multiple connected users.

It's not clear to me if I should setup one sandbox per user or just one for all. If one sandbox /user , do I need a business license for each user ? It's not clear to me what "seat" means. Is there anyway to automatically start that client app in sandbox when user logs in ?

Thanks !

DavidXanatos

Re: setup / license questions

Post by DavidXanatos »

If you have multiple users using the same remote server at the same time that its like multiple seats so 1 business license per user,
when the PC is set up such that only one concurrent active connect is permitted (windows default, except for terminal servers) 1 business license is enough, as at any time only one user can sue it at the same time.

seat = place where a employee sits and uses the software.

By default all created sandboxes are visible to all users, but each user gets an own sandbox location such that data of different users do not mix,
if desired this can be changed to let selected and also all boxes use a shared location.

You can start any program sandboxed using start.exe from sbie's installation directory, when you put a link to it into the users autostart folder it will automatically start the specified program sandboxed upon logion.