program in sandbox read and write a specific process memory outside, is that possible?

jwj233

program in sandbox read and write a specific process memory outside, is that possible?

Post by jwj233 »

I am playing a game and found a modifier online that is easy to use. It adds a crosshair to the center of the screen and enhances some user interface elements. However, I am concerned that the modifier might contain a virus, so I attempted to run it in a sandbox. Unfortunately, my game failed to run in the sandbox due to compatibility issues. Therefore, the modifier is running in the sandbox, while the game is running outside of it.

Currently, the modifier is able to launch successfully, but it does not seem to have any effect (I have confirmed that it can work). I have attempted to change some settings, such as allowing sandboxed programs to access external memory, but have been unsuccessful. I am wondering if there is a way to configure the sandbox so that a specific program within it can read and write the memory of a specific process outside of the sandbox.

In summary, I would like to know if there is a configuration that allows a program within the sandbox to read and write the memory of a specific process outside of the sandbox.

bastik-1001

Re: program in sandbox read and write a specific process memory outside, is that possible?

Post by bastik-1001 »

I can't help you with your problem, but you might be able to make your case work with the proper resource access configuration. Here is an overview.

Code: Select all

ReadIpcPath=$:program.exe
allows a sandboxed process to read the memory of "program.exe".

ReadIpcPath=$:*
allows a sandboxed process to read the memory of any process.

OpenIpcPath=$:program.exe
allows read and write access to the memory of "program.exe".