CCleaner with Sandboxie

Xnd

CCleaner with Sandboxie

Post by Xnd »

I searched and googled for a while to find how to use Sandboxie Plus with CCleaner but finally found an old note I had, so it wasn't easy to find.

So, is the attached correct?

One of my computers has Sandboxie in Admin and one in User for some reason: the attached file is the User one.

I also found your https://sandboxie-plus.com/sandboxie/se ... tesandbox/
after searching, but many users may be simple computer users, or like a program like CCleaner.

Secure delete seems important especially if there could be malware or if there was banking info etc, so I use CCleaner and wanted it to work with Sandboxie.
I'm surprised by now Sandboxie doesn't has a secure delete of its own!
Attachments
Sandboxie CCleaner.jpg
Sandboxie CCleaner.jpg (9.61 KiB) Viewed 953 times

bastik-1001

Re: CCleaner with Sandboxie

Post by bastik-1001 »

Yes, you can use CCleaner (or other tools) to wipe out the files created within those sandbox folders. Preferably, when those sandboxes aren't active.

Please note, that this is not required to defend against common malware, since the normal way of deletion does not allow the file to be executed by the OS or some application. It may defend against data-leakage, since files deleted by the OS can be recovered.

It can't be ensured, that overwriting files, gets rid of all information, like when something is being copied or cached. Though, overwriting files still makes it harder to recover information. One downside, is that the more data being written, the more it shortens the lifespan of the drive and takes longer to being completed, of course.