Licensing Model

votality

Licensing Model

Post by votality »

Please reconsider what licensing you are offering. Please consider perpetual version licenses.

I'm sorry but I hate software as a service licensing models and I will never ever register any product requires a time limited license... sorry.

Perpetual licensing gives the user the flexibility to stay on an old version (with less functionality) if they can't afford to upgrade or choose not to.

I suspect like me you will force more users away then you will have re-subscribe due to this licensing model.

I would consider repurchases for per version licensing, but I absolutely will not be held hostage to time limited licenses.

DavidXanatos

Re: Licensing Model

Post by DavidXanatos »

The Medium and Large certificates allow you to stay on an old version for ever they only expire for newer version, so there is already what you want in form of "per version licensing".

luthor112

Post by luthor112 »

I agree with the OP.
The only non-subscription license is 1000 EUR!

DavidXanatos

Post by DavidXanatos »

Look you will not get 100 years of support and new versions features and bug fixes for 40€ I think this is understandable.

You can get the medium certificate for 40€ the version released at the date of the purchase plus all builds released within 1 year after the purchase.
You can buy it and stick to it, don't update your windows and web browser and use it for the next 100+ years you will miss out on security and improvements though.
Similar the large just that there you get 2 years of updates.

This is not a subscription scheme its a regular, buy a version and use it forever... you want a substantially newer version, you need to buy an upgrade.

The only subscription options are the small and business certificates, there you can not use even the the builds once the certificate expires.