Shortcut to Run Sandboxed Web Browser

Iconoclast

Shortcut to Run Sandboxed Web Browser

Post by Iconoclast »

I just installed Sanboxie Plus, which I've never used before. It did not put a shortcut on the Desktop like Sandboxie does that allows me to easily run a Sandboxed Web Browser. I do not always want to run my browser Sandboxed, so I don't want to add it to forced programs. I want an easy way like before to run the default browser Sandboxed. Does anyone know how I can do this with Sandboxie Plus? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

DavidXanatos

Re: Shortcut to Run Sandboxed Web Browser

Post by DavidXanatos »

You can use the create shortcut option from teh box menu and then select a browser you want to sandbox

perryblalock

Post by perryblalock »

I have the same problem, where exactly is this "create shortcut" option you refer to? I've looked at both the SandboxiPlus menu option and don't see a create shortcut anywhere.

Sandboxer

Post by Sandboxer »

This may help --- ignore it if it is off track.

The following command opens the Vivaldi Browser in my Sandboxie sandbox called LoginBox:
"C:\Program Files\Sandboxie-Plus\Start.exe" /Box:LoginBox Vivaldi
(The command 'Vivaldi' can be replaced by whatever software is to be launched in the sandbox.)
Parameters can be added to the Vivaldi command, for example:
"C:\Program Files\Sandboxie-Plus\Start.exe" /Box:LoginBox Vivaldi --new-window --profile-directory="Default"

These commands run in a CMD prompt, in a Windows RunBox, and in a LNK file.
They also run in Directory Opus Buttons, and I have set up some useful shortcuts within Directory Opus using commands based on the syntax above.

easyguy

Post by easyguy »

Took me forever to find that "create shortcut" option too.

Please see attached image. Right click on chrome.exe or any application in sandboxie GUI and you will see the option.
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (31.23 KiB) Viewed 3315 times