Default Protection for Browser to open emails, Sandboxie Classic

Henlo

Default Protection for Browser to open emails, Sandboxie Classic

Post by Henlo »

This will be the first time I am using Sandboxie, and it is Classis as I could not figure out Plus.

Proton mail: I need to open emails in a protected Firefox browser. Will this be enough to protect me? I am getting .png, .xls, and other formats.

I will not download attachments if what I need pops up, which happens with .png. I will just do a snipping tool and print. My concern is just opening the email, which can be enough to infect. I want to get them to send things to Gmail and in .txt, but they sent it to Proton in .png. And I don't trust that!

Will this be enough to protect my desktop?

Windows 11, Kaspersky Security Cloud.

bastik-1001

Re: Default Protection for Browser to open emails, Sandboxie Classic

Post by bastik-1001 »

When you start something in Sandboxie, it will be contained in Sandboxie, unless it is configured to be allowed to write to some location outside the box, or there is a bug within Sandboxie.

Setting the box to drop admin rights, is another line of defense.

By default, it should be safer than not running under the supervision of Sandboxie, as something needs to go wrong to begin with, then the browser has to fail in preventing it. Whatever would be able to get past the browsers defense, is contained in Sandboxie, which should be the end of the story, as that, whatever it is, has to get around Sandboxie and then Windows has to be tricked as well, since programs inside the sandbox are expected to have the lowest trust level (which is untrusted).