Direct Start Firefox in Box

Rushianer

Direct Start Firefox in Box

Post by Rushianer »

Hello everyone, I have always worked with Sandboxie Classic for the Firefox browser.
This enabled me to start the browser directly in the sandbox with a click on the ICON created during the installation. With PLUS, I first have to click on the sandbox and then start Firefox in the box. Can't you start the browser with a click on an ICON in the Sandboxie environment, as it used to be? Thanks in advance !

SBTL

Re: Direct Start Firefox in Box

Post by SBTL »

Please somebody explain how to do this, it's driving me up the wall...
We used to be able to make a Firefox shortcut for Sandboxie and it would auto start up Sandboxie. Now we seem to need the program started for it to work... Or else it just opens the browser un-boxed. WHY?... It's annoying. Surely it can be done?...

REDsands

Post by REDsands »

It's easy, run the software (firefox in this case) in your favorite virtual area. then open the sandboxie window and right-click on the software icon (firefox) finally hit create shortcut.

SBTL

Post by SBTL »

Hi, thanks but that doesn't work.
The shortcut will only work if sandboxie is already running. Whereas with the old sandboxie it did not need to be running; clicking any SB shortcut would auto-start sandboxie...

SBTL

Post by SBTL »

So it's not possible then?...

SBTL

Post by SBTL »

This is really silly.

I can exit out of SB+ so it's not running - right click on a Firefox shortcut and select "Run Sandboxed" - and low and behold, it automatically starts SB+ and opens FF sandboxed.

Unfortunately it also opens up SB+ console - even when "Shell Integration" - "Start UI when a sandboxed process is started" is NOT ticked in global options. There is no need for it to open up.

Is it really that hard to make a shortcut that does the same thing (minus the console opening)?...

Please sort it out. I don't want SB+ running in the background for no reason.

DavidXanatos

Post by DavidXanatos »

If you create a dedicated link, no UI will be opened.

What you want is however to sue the right click menu "Run Sandboxed" with the box selection to not leave sandman running?

Ok will look into adding that.

SBTL

Post by SBTL »

"What you want is however to use the right click menu "Run Sandboxed" with the box selection to not leave sandman running?"

Hi,
No, I want to be able to make a Firefox shortcut that will automatically start Sandboxie+ and open a sandboxed Firefox.

At the moment shortcuts will only work if SB+ is already running. With the old version, SB did not need to be running for shortcuts to work, because they would automatically trigger sandboxie to start before opening whatever program the shortcut was for.

It should be possible to do this; then SB+ does not need to be running all the time for no reason, when I'm not using it, but it will only start when I want it to use it.

What I said about doing the the right-click --> run sandboxed on a Firefox shortcut was just to demonstrate that, by that process SB+ gets auto-started and opens FF sandboxed. Which is what I am trying to achieve. BUT it also opens the UI too which is not helpful. I don't want to use that method of opening FF, but it shows SB+ is capable of being auto started and opening FF sandboxed.

DavidXanatos

Post by DavidXanatos »

in that case it shoudl be enough for you to open the settings of the new ui go to shell integration tab and disable "start ui when sandboxed process starts"

SBTL

Post by SBTL »

Hi,
I don't think you understand what I am saying.

Please watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwGXrbOMp9c

See how the shortcut for Firefox works fine when SB+ is already started (RED BOARDER for Firefox) - but once I close SB+, and then try the same shortcut again, it opens Firefox un-sandboxed (NO RED BOARDER for Firefox) - because SB+ needs to be running for the shortcut to work.