Can Sandboxie prevent READ access to a partition or a drive?

George59

Can Sandboxie prevent READ access to a partition or a drive?

Post by George59 »

Hi there,

I'm considering using Sandboxie for Internet surfing applications, like Firefox, Brave, Opera, etc. but my concern is not that any of these application s would try to modify anything on any drive or file, but simply just to read gazillion files slowly but surely and pass them on to unknown destinations over the Net. I'm sure I am not the only person on this Earth with this or similar concerns. Especially while you're using FB, a lots of bytes leave your PC, a lot more than it would be justified.

So far when I read about Sandboxie, all I can read is that it can prevent an application to modify any file on your system. But nothing about denying read access to drives or folders.

So, what's the story?

DavidXanatos

Re: Can Sandboxie prevent READ access to a partition or a drive?

Post by DavidXanatos »

The sandboxie as it always was and still is prevents only modifications to the system,
you can use CloseFilePath and other directives to manually block access to certain locations.

What you want that is a privacy mode that by default denies read access to any not explicitly open location on the system is in the making and scheduled for one of the next builds the latest for 1.0.0

This will improve sandboxie functionality a great lot by protecting user files form ex filtration.

Stay tuned :)

David X.